We highly recommend using a thread locker on mountain bike bolts. Especially on parts like pivots and rotor bolts that receive high vibration. We do offer this service but suggest buying a bottle for your garage and future bolt installs. Amazon sells Vibra-Tite VC3 on prime.
Our favorite product is Vibra-Tite VC3 for the following reasons:
- Clean and easy to apply/install
- Locks like red loctite but releases like blue loctite
- Reusable for 5 installs
- Dries in minutes
- Reduces vibration for a smoother ride
- Anti-seize properties that work great with titanium
- How to Install
- Make sure threads are clean and free of oil or other residues
- Shake bottle of Vibra-Tite
- Use paintbrush to fill 50% depth of threads
- Let dry for 10-30 minutes
Our second favorite Blue Loctite 242 which is a classic threadlocker that is applied wet while installing and hardens up with a lack of oxygen once installed. It can be messy to install, only lasts for one install and doesn't have anti-vibration qualities.